Jennifer C. Monroe joined Langdale Vallotton in 2012. Prior to returning to her hometown of Valdosta, Jennifer practiced law in Atlanta, Georgia with the healthcare practice group of Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP. Jennifer has counseled healthcare providers on various operational, peer review, medical staff and contract issues. Jennifer’s experience also includes assisting physicians, health systems and healthcare facilities in state and federal regulatory matters including Certificate of Need and licensure, Medicare and Medicaid compliance and Federal privacy and security laws, specifically HIPAA and the HITECH Act. Additionally, Jennifer has represented clients in responding to government investigations and in reimbursement matters involving appeals of denied claims by both government and third party payors.
Jennifer received her Bachelor of Science from the University of Georgia in 1999 and received her Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, from Georgia State University College of Law in 2004. During law school, Jennifer was a member of Law Review and completed internships with the Supreme Court of Georgia and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Following law school, Jennifer served for two years as Staff Attorney to the Honorable Gail S. Tusan, Superior Court of Fulton County, Georgia.
Jennifer is a registered arbitrator and mediator with the Supreme Court of Georgia and is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the Valdosta Bar Association and the Valdosta Rotary Club.
- Telemedicine and Enterprise Risk Management, Enterprise Risk Management Handbook for Healthcare Entities, 2nd Ed., 2012, American Health Lawyers Association (co-author)
- AHA and AMA Weigh in on ACO Advance Payment Initiative, Atlanta Hospital News, August 2011
- CMS Issues Proposed Rule on the FY 2012 Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals, Atlanta Hospital News, May 2011
- CMS Issues Proposed Rule on Value-Based Purchasing, Atlanta Hospital News, March 2011
- AHA and AMA Weigh in on ACOs, Atlanta Hospital News, January 2011
- CMS Announces Voluntary Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol, Atlanta Hospital News, November 2010
- Transferable Development Rights, GA. ST. U. L. REV., Volume 20, Issue 1.
Langdale Vallotton, LLP
1007 North Patterson St.
P.O. Box 1547
Valdosta, GA 31601
Phone: (229) 244-5400
Fax: (229) 244-0453